Search  
Register   Login Sunday, March 26, 2017

ForumForumMy Photo Index ...My Photo Index ...Feature request...Feature request...More Tag States to Allow Limited And, Or, and Not when Using Several TagsMore Tag States to Allow Limited And, Or, and Not when Using Several Tags
Previous Previous

Next
 Disabled
New Post
 2/14/2015 1:34 PM

The way tags currently works, you can either select a tag or not, which makes it difficult to perform certain selection operations like find all pictures tagged "Landscape" but not "People". Simila\rly it is not possible to differentiate between all must be included or either may be included when selecting multiple tags. If I tag "Amanda", "Bob" and "Carly" does that mean that all these tags have to appear in every picture shown or just either of them?

I would like to suggest to use a tagging system that toggle between four values: Nothing meaning ignore this tag, "*" that means this tag must be included in every picture shown and "+" that means that any pictures containing this tag will be selected as long as all the "*"-marked tags are included too. Lastly "-" is used to indicate that a picture containing this tag must not included.

With these markers it is possible to make selections like "Landscape" with "Dennis" and either "Edith" or "Fabian" (or both) but neither "Gertrude" nor "Hadrian" in the following way:

* Landscape
* Dennis
+ Edith
+ Fabian
- Gertrude
- Hadrian

This would solve a number of problems for me, at least.

Previous Previous

Next
 Disabled
ForumForumMy Photo Index ...My Photo Index ...Feature request...Feature request...More Tag States to Allow Limited And, Or, and Not when Using Several TagsMore Tag States to Allow Limited And, Or, and Not when Using Several Tags

Membership Membership:
Latest New User Latest: albertlouw
Past 24 Hours Past 24 Hours: 0
Prev. 24 Hours Prev. 24 Hours: 0
User Count Overall: 604

Online Now Online Now:

del.icio.us del.icio.us | technorati technorati | reddit reddit | stumbleupon stumbleupon | facebook facebook | live live
Copyright 2006-2014 by My Photo Index - the free open source photo organizer